I am not long home from the SCF annual gathering that was held in Granton-On-Spey.
It was incredibly interesting and so uplifting to meet such a great bunch of people. The craic was something that will stay with me for a long time, bring smiles to my face throughout whatever Winter decides to throw at us. The theme was Small farmers: backbone of rural development or barrier to efficiency? Which sounds rather dry, but was the complete opposite. It was a fascinating line up of speakers from Finland, Portugal, the Scottish Islands & beyond. I feel very tired, but in a good way. The projects that are happening despite such legislative constraints really showed what a dedicated group of small farmers throughout Europe are attempting to achieve. And these achievements are, not only low impact environmentally, but also create 'healthier communities'.
It was very condensed into two and half days & I feel it will take me a while to allow my brain to take it all onboard & process all the things that were talked about, but I do feel quite hopeful after a time of relative doom & gloom in crofting.
Sorry I am waffling, so I think I shall be best to sign off & get an early night & adjust back to the caravan.
Wednesday, 30 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment