Sunday, 27 September 2009

Saturday was a strange day, Saturdays often are.

We helped catch a feral ram over at a friend's croft.
Although rather gorgeous, he's a devil in a wooly jacket.
The ram evaded capture as we ran up and down the muddy field, jumping over dangerous ditches, his mad, slitty eyes taking it all in. His horns are very curled & the points stick straight out about hip height. We were all a bit wary, a bit cautious, but we got him eventually. It inspired me to write an entry for this week's challenge on writewords, albeit an embroidered version, there are grains of truth to it: http://www.writewords.org.uk/groups/show_article.asp?group_id=84&article_id=24133

The clutch went on the car at the little shop about a mile away. Jim managed to get it down to the garage at Aultbea & they kindly lent him their Mother's car, a posh BMW with white leather interior. I go away to a conference tomorrow on crofting & this car only does 20 MPG. Jim will have to take me as I don't drive a car - pathetic I know.

While we were away I bought an unfinished painting entitled Jackdaws at an exhibition in Peebles. I had a phone call on Friday evening to say they'd like to deliver it, pop in. Does one pop in from Peebles?
And they did & I love it. It was great of them to come - the painting was ridiculously cheap. They said they had a few folks they knew in the Highlands & they fancied the run.
I think this painter will go far. I wanted her to post it, but they insisted on trailing up here to the back of nowhere.
Let's know what you think of the painting.................

No comments:

Post a Comment