We were up at the crack to go & fetch neighbours from the airport & it snowed. It hasn't lasted, however they are feeling cold after Tenerife. Throughout the night we had terrific thunder & lightening - I hardly slept as it sounded as if we were under seige. That's the thing with living in a metal box, you are very aware of the weather outside.
On Friday you may catch a glipse of me on Landward, but I kinda hope not: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006m994
At the Crofting Federation's annual gathering there was a crofters tasting menu ( food produced on crofts & by crofters) & a plate of mini mutton pies passed around beforehand - absolutely delicious, I could have eaten the lot but I was being watched!
http://www.crofting.org/index.php/conference
The night's have fairly drawn in - dark just after 5pm & it's too cold, too soon. We feel cheated out of a Summer.
I've been hauling dead wood up out of the gorge & up to the caravan. It's all a bit slow, but it will get the fat off me a little - hopefully. I've had a slothful Summer in some respects - but not in others.
Before going to the airport we went to see a guy who has just had another dose of chemotherphy. He is shockening thin & so nice & so planning ahead it was very humbling. His two dogs were glued to his side & even Billy - the dog from down the road came to see him as he keeps biscuits for all the dogs in that hamlet. His friends were there from down the borders & they had an elderly dalmation that sat at this man's feet. It was quite something to see but nobody commented. I felt richer for being there, seeing that. Also, selfishly, being a writer, I've tucked it away for later.
Wednesday, 3 November 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment