Tuesday, 10 November 2009

Good News.

Today was one of those cold damp days where you have to get outside for a while or the day will melt into the next.

I'm attempting to tackle the brambles on the bottom of the croft. The long fronds are as thick as men's thumbs, the jagged spines like barbed wire. I've been using a mattock to get the root balls out - that are the size of fists. I do a couple of hours down there most days. A couple of lambs that are getting under the fence have been trapped by them, but I've got them freed. It seems quiet now that most of the male lambs went off to market last Thursday. I'd love to keep them all, but I can't. I didn't get great prices, but it's always a little something towards the feed.

I entered a Halloween competition over at Microhorror & was delighted to learn that I was one of the winners: http://www.microhorror.com

4 comments:

  1. What I wouldn't give for a window to look out of (when I'm not writing :( )
    What I wouldn't give to have my cat back to sit on whatever it is that I find more interesting than him! eg the keyboard, book etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get another cat Bill - there are plenty looking for a lap, or lap top to sit on.

    Spider is getting on in years as is Weemon. They are just such perfect pushy cats, how attached you get to their company, their little ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on MicroHorror! It was a wonderful story.
    Today is certainly a dreich day... see? Use it three times and it's yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jenzarina.

    Today we had it lovely until darkening came & then the wind's got up & it's lashed. I got loads done outdoors & am happy sitting beside the stove listening to the night.

    ReplyDelete