Last night felt exceptionally cold with both cats burrowing under the duvet & grizzling at one another.
We've been filling a plastic watering can with water from the burn for use inside. It was frozen solid this morning as was the door & windows.
We had to venture over to Ullapool & it was glaringly bright with everything twinkling, massive icicles on all the waterfalls. The snow lying on the trees looked wonderful, but there are a few trees lying almost horizontal above the road propped against their neighbours, ready to come crashing down in a puff of wind. It all looks very dangerous. It was -12 going over the Thane & that was in the sunshine - goodness knows what it is now. The burn is almost frozen over now. It is far too cold.
Thursday, 2 December 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've seen on the news that it is around minus 20 at night in the north Caroline. I'm not even sure I can comprehend that degree of cold. Look after yourself!
ReplyDeleteIt's not been great but I think it's worse over on the East with heavy snow falls making byre roofs collapse again.
ReplyDeleteWe actually haven't had that much snow, but what we had froze solid - similar to last year but way too early.
It thawed today but the temps plummeting again.
Everything is black ice & lethal.
Just as well we have the wood burner