The croft slopes down to the shore. We went down the other day just to sit & stare. Our cats sometimes come down too even though it's quite a trek for elderly toms.
I'm glad to see a snow-free scene at last Caroline. And I be you are too! This looks lovely, I had no idea you were this close to water. Do you have a big area of land to manage?
Hi Nick - I love being near water - The burn flows past the caravan, down the waterfall & right down to the sea loch at the bottom.
I have 12 acres of rough in-by ground & a share in the common - hill grazings, plus a twenty or so acres I had apportione to me.
It hasn't been worked for so long (about 70 years or so), I am attempting to hack it into some semblence of order, but I don't have machinery, just a stubborn nature & a friend who has a one wheeled tractor that I covet.
I live in a caravan on my own croft in Wester Ross in the Scottish Highlands.
Myself & Jim my partner are building our own house. It is taking rather longer than I thought it would as we are doing it ourselves.
I'm glad to see a snow-free scene at last Caroline. And I be you are too! This looks lovely, I had no idea you were this close to water. Do you have a big area of land to manage?
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteCaroline, thanks for letting us see this,
John
Hi Nick - I love being near water - The burn flows past the caravan, down the waterfall & right down to the sea loch at the bottom.
ReplyDeleteI have 12 acres of rough in-by ground & a share in the common - hill grazings, plus a twenty or so acres I had apportione to me.
It hasn't been worked for so long (about 70 years or so), I am attempting to hack it into some semblence of order, but I don't have machinery, just a stubborn nature & a friend who has a one wheeled tractor that I covet.